United States Department of the Interior
North American Vegetation Index Map (GIA0026D)
This photomap comes in an envelope with an accompanying four pages of text by Jeffery C. Eidenshink which describes the map and the North American Advanced Very High-Resolution Radiometer (AVHRR) data set; and contains bibliographical references.
- Paper, one-sided folded map plus 8-page booklet (text 1p. + 3 pp.).
- Scale = 1:12,500,000
- Projection = Lambert azimuthal equal-area
- Longitude = W 180°--W 20°
- Latitude = N 80°--N 10°
- Map = 62 × 58 cm
- Envelope = 30 ×24 cm
- developed and produced jointly by EROS Data Center, National Mapping Division, U.S. Geological Survey [and] Canada Centre for Remote Sensing, Surveys, Mapping, and Remote Sensing Sector, Energy, Mines, and Resources Canada
- one-sided folded map plus 8-page booklet in an envelope